Upon successful completion of this program, students will earn a baccalaureate degree from NMSU and admission to BCOM.
For admission to BCOM upon completion of the OMPP, pathway students must:
- Earn a baccalaureate degree in a major of the student’s choosing.
- Take undergraduate courses required for entry into BCOM and earn a grade of B or higher in those courses.
- Participate in the Living Learning Community (LLC) as first-year undergraduate students at NMSU and complete the dedicated UNIV 150 course associated with the LLC.
- Maintain an overall GPA of 3.3 and complete at least 15 credits per semester on the main campus of NMSU.
- Earn a score in the 50th percentile or higher on the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT).
- Participate in all activities associated with the program, unless excused from the activity by the Director of the Program.
- By December 15th of the year prior to expected enrollment at BCOM, sign a letter of commitment to attend BCOM in the academic term following graduation.